Requirements for Managers
- Balto Cloud is only supported in the Chrome browser
Requirements for Agents
- Softphone System
- Agent calls must be placed through the software-based phones on a computer using a headset.
- Bluetooth, USB, or 3.5mm headset (excluding most gaming headsets)
- Windows 8.1 or later (64bit), including Windows 11*
*core features are fully functional. Some other features may be limited currently
- macOS is NOT supported
- Chrome OS is NOT supported (Chromebooks)
- Windows devices using ARM-based processors are NOT supported. Intel and AMD processors ARE supported.
- For example, a Samsung tablet that runs on Windows, but does not have an Intel or AMD processor is not something we can currently support.
- 8GB RAM (Balto uses a bit under 100MB)
- 500MB available disk space
- 2nd Gen Intel Core i3 or better
We recommend agents on Balto use USB headsets, but aux headsets and USB Bluetooth headsets work as well.
Most headsets will work as long as they’re not gaming headsets, which tend to have complex audio routing that does not work well with Balto. We have also seen issues with headsets with a 3.5 mm audio jack.
Specific headset models we recommend:
- Plantronics C3220 USB
- Plantronics C3210 USB
- Jabra Evolve 65
- Plantronics – Blackwire C5220
- Jabra W50K