As search engine and digital advertising industries continue to grow, one thing becomes clear: businesses of any size can improve their sales with a solid, scalable solution. This might mean scaling up with new hiring, but it also may mean exploring other avenues that don’t require additional hires.
A business’s primary goal is to provide value or services to its customers. However, it must also offer these same services and value with a more extensive customer base to grow. Here’s how digital transformation and technology can help your business increase conversions and improve sales.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Artificial intelligence (AI) is the next big thing in business. If you haven’t already implemented it into your company’s workflow, you’re missing out on many opportunities to improve your bottom line. There are numerous ways to implement AI in business, especially ones that may help scale sales.
Many companies have already started using AI to automate repetitive tasks and free up human employees for other work. For example, AI can identify patterns in sales data and predict which products will be most successful based on past performance — which means fewer mistakes in marketing campaigns, fewer incorrect orders, and more time spent on other essential tasks.
Other companies use AI to analyze customer feedback from social media posts and make recommendations based on what people say about their products or services. This allows businesses to identify trends early and adjust their strategy accordingly before things get out of control.
Another way businesses use AI is with integrated chatbots. For example, visitors can interact with chatbots through text messages or voice commands instead of having to call or email a person before getting help solving any issues they might be having with an order.
Internal communications are a company’s system of sharing information and messages with its employees. Internal communications strategies can be implemented in different ways. Still, they all serve the same purpose: to provide employees with the information they need to do their jobs well.
A good internal communications strategy can help employees feel more connected to each other, which will make them feel more invested in the company’s success. It also ensures that everyone is on the same page, so there are fewer miscommunications or misunderstandings between departments.
Here are some tips for improving your internal communications strategy:
- Use an intranet or internal social media platform to share information about upcoming events and projects happening within your company. This way, everyone can easily see what’s going on without worrying about missing out on important announcements due to being away from their desk at any given time during business hours (or wherever else they might be unable to check email).
- Ensure all employees have access to this platform by giving them logins through email addresses or phone numbers.
A good strategy makes or breaks businesses. And poor communication is one of the most common obstacles to scaling sales.
Whether you provide customer service in-person, virtually, or over the phone, implementing software that helps with the customer’s experience can help with sales.
There are many ways to improve your customer service and make it more efficient. Here are some suggestions:
- Make sure you have a standardized way of dealing with different problems. For example, suppose a customer has a complaint about a product. In that case, they should be able to get in touch with someone who can help them without having to wait on hold for too long or talk to several different people before finally getting the answer they need.
- Have clear policies about how long it takes for something to be fixed or replaced if it breaks down quickly, so customers know what to expect when something goes wrong with their purchase. This will also help prevent misunderstandings between yourself and your clients if there’s ever an issue with one of your products (which is bound to happen sometimes).
- Have clear guidelines about how much time you spend on each call so that customers don’t feel like they’re being rushed through the process just because they’ve called in at peak hours.
Clarity streamlines customer service — for sales and account representatives and customers. The more steps a process has, the more complications arise.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
CRM software is the most critical tool for managing your customer relationships. It helps you keep track of your customers, their needs and wants, and how to best meet those needs. The right CRM software can help you increase sales by automating tasks such as emailing customers personalized messages based on their behavior.
There are many different types of CRM software available today. Here are some popular ones:
- Salesforce: Evolves with business, offers great entry-level pricing, and supports sales management.
- Monday.com: Simplified automation, 24/7 customer support, and unlimited task boards improve CRM accountability.
- Oracle: Enterprise resource planning, various native integrations, and extensive customization make this a must for any CRM team in a tech transition.
A good CRM software will also help you manage your sales team more effectively by ensuring every team member is using the same system.
Sales tracking software is a powerful tool that helps you stay on top of your business. Here are a few popular examples:
- Salesflare: Comes with integrated web tracking, automated email sequences, and email signature sync to help you seamlessly manage business details.
- Zoho CRM: Automated workflows, sales trends, and gamification make it fun to run your business’s most boring, most essential aspects.
- Close CRM: Designed to help close more deals, this software offers detailed reporting, pipeline overviews, and communication analytics.
- Bitrix24: Collaboration, communication, and project management come together to visualize sales processes and automation, simplifying analysis.
Sales tracking software can help you track your sales, including the products sold, their prices, and when they were sold. You can use this data to make informed business decisions, such as determining which products are most profitable or how to improve sales in specific locations.
Inventory management software can help you scale sales by helping you keep track of what you have and what you need to order so that the right items are in stock at the correct times.
If you manage inventory manually — and most businesses do — it’s easy to forget about a product or misplace an order. In addition, manually tracking inventory means that if something gets damaged or needs to be disposed of, there’s no record of it.
With inventory management software, you can keep track of all of your products from one place, including:
- What they cost.
- Where they’re located in your store or warehouse.
- When they were ordered and arrived at their location.
- How much is left on hand, so you know when it’s time to reorder more stock.
Scaling is an important step in the growth of any business. When a company has grown large enough to warrant it, they often need more employees to handle the increased workload. While this is a great way to grow a business, hiring new employees is not always possible. Fortunately, technology offers ways to scale without adding staff — and it doesn’t even have to be that expensive.