Proper Discovery Can Make Or Break Your Close Rate
When salespeople are not meeting expectations, the common perception is that there is a closing problem to be fixed. But rarely is closing the issue — closing issues are often a symptom of failures during the discovery phase of the sales process.
When discovery is not conducted properly, deals stall and price becomes the center point of decision-making. Get discovery right, and your conversation rates will skyrocket.
Join Lee Salz, sales management strategist and bestselling author of Sales Differentiation and Sell Different!, for a 60-minute masterclass on discovery best practices.During this program, you’ll learn:
- How to develop a discovery meeting strategy that energizes your deals and positions you to win .
- The emotional transformation a buyer goes through and how salespeople can incorporate it int their discovery
- The three types of questions that comprise an effective discovery meeting
- Pain — you found it, but you didn’t get the deal. We’ll cover the step you likely missed
- The common mistakes salespeople make when asking discovery questions
- How to determine which information to share during a discovery meeting
- Discovery cliffhangers to keep your deal moving forward
- A super-effective post-discovery technique that you likely aren’t using
🗓 Thursday, September 7th at 1 PM CT
Meet the Speaker
Lee Salz, founder and CEO of Sales Architects®, is an internationally renowned sales management strategist specializing in building world-class salesforces. He is an entrepreneur, bestselling author, sales consultant, and keynote speaker. Lee is a bestselling author of six business books. His most recent books, Sales Differentiation and Sell Different!, have been called “the one-two punch” every salesperson needs. His seventh book, focused on discovery strategy, is in development and will be published by HarperCollins in the Fall of 2025.